Start New Game
Choose a player from the list to use the application with. Then, click "Next" to begin the application.
This option continues a previously started game with the previous score shown.
Edit Player List
To add a new student press the "+" button. A new student slot will appear where you can click to type in the students' name via the keyboard. If you want to delete a player from the list, press the red "-" button by the persons' name and a red "delete" button will appear on the right. Press that button and the player will be removed from the list.
Shows the accuracy of the students' responses from the previous session. It shows the correct answers out of the total amount in fraction form as well as a percentage for accuracy for each student you used the app with during the session. You can e-mail results to yourself by pressing the "e-mail results" button. Make sure that you have your e-mail in the Mail application on the iPad before you try to e-mail yourself the results.
Pressing the "More..." button will bring you to more information about how the application is used, the ability to watch a video tutorial, review/recommend the application, and view Super Duper Publication's app security policy. There is also a credits button to view the names of all of the people who worked on the application. Finally, Super Duper Publication's website is included at the bottom of the page.
Press the "Start New Game" button and choose up to five players to use the application. Each person will be assigned a different color. Then, select the cards that you want to use during the application by pressing "Select All" or "Deselect All" and press the cards you would like (they will have a check mark by them and be highlighted in blue). Then, press the "Play" button to begin application play.
The students' name whose turn it is will appear at the top highlighted in the collor associated with them. The two images to be compared/contrasted will show in the middle of the page. Press the images to hear the two cards' names read aloud. Press the green circle button if the student compares/contrasts the two objects. Press the red button if the student incorrectly compares/contrasts the two objects.
Once you are done with application play, press the "Menu" button. Then, you can view the results for each student from the session by pressing the "Results" button.
What I Like About This Application:
- The application is just like the Fun Deck cards except portable! This cuts down on space in your bags from having to carry all of the fun decks with you.
- The fact that you can record data is phenomenal.
- I love how you can use the application with up to five students.
- It is great that you can choose the cards to use based on the student(s) you are using the application with.
- I would love it if the narrator would ask "what is the same" and "what is different" as well as stating the names of the objects.
- It would be great to choose whether or not the student has to compare or contrast or both for the cards. This is because it is hard to remember whether the student had difficulty on the comparing or contrasting each object.
- Receptive Language - Comparing and contrasting objects relates to the ability to understand and describe objects. You can talk about parts, where you see objects, what the objects look like, and more. Create a visual to help students remember different ways they can compare/contrast objects.
- Expressive Language - Listing comparisons and differences between objects aloud is a form of expressive language. You can write these on a list, Venn diagram, or chart.
This Fun Deck app from Super Duper Publications, as well as all of the others, is $1.99.
Consonantly Speaking was provided with two application codes for this giveaway. No other form of compensation was given.
Enter the giveaway for your chance to win one of two copies of Compare and Contrast Fun Deck:
a Rafflecopter giveaway