The main page of the application has a list of modules of sentence types on the left hand side and a space to view videos on the right. The "Introduction" module discusses how to use the application. Press a module to view on the left hand side, watch the video introducing the sentence type with pronoun, and press the previous and next buttons to navigate through the videos. There are multiple videos per module with an explanation of the sentence type at the beginning of each module. You can press the "Mute" button to silence the audio to have the student state the sentence. You can also press "Record" to record your own speech and play it back with the video. If you want to view the video full screen, press the tiny arrow at the top, left hand corner of the video. Modules include:
- Singular pronoun: he + verb + ing
- Singular pronoun: she + verb + ing
- Plural pronoun: they + verb + ing
- Mixed pronoun
What I Like About This Application:
- I have not seen anything like this application on the iTunes Store. It is absolutely helpful for teaching pronouns as well as verbs + ing with real-life videos.
- There are videos of each pronoun type performing actions.
- This application is perfect for young children learning pronouns or basic verbs.
- The application is simple to use; all you have to do is select a module and press the arrow keys to view each video!
- Videos are stored within the application.
- I would love to be able to add videos of children/adults performing more actions or see more actions added to the application in the future.
- It would be great to see a video list (on a separate page) to be able to decide which videos to show a student.
- Grammar - This application focuses on pronouns and verbs. Turn on the sound to teach the concepts to students. Press the "Mute" button to have students state pronouns and verbs aloud without a verbal cue.
- Expressive Language - This application focuses on pronoun + is/are + verb + ing sentences and is great for those who are working on that sentence type. You can have students expand their sentences by adding a preposition or adjective based on what they see in the video to a sentence. For example, in the "he is eating" video, students can add "crackers" or "a Lunchable" or "meat, cheese, crackers, and a cookie" to their sentences.
- Receptive Language - Students are able to learn different action verbs from this application. Have them label the various videos with the "Mute" on.
Autism Language Learning is available for the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad for $39.99. You can try the Lite version of this application for free.
Consonantly Speaking was given a copy of this application to give away with this review. No other form of compensation was given.
Enter the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win a copy of Autism Language Learning!
a Rafflecopter giveaway