First an animation will play, then, the user will be brought to the main page of the application with 7 different scenes to choose from. The more applications button will appear in the corner, but when pressed, a pop-up will appear stating that it is for grown-ups only and to "swipe 2 fingers on the screen" to access more applications by Night & Day Studios. Once the child chooses a scene, application play will begin.
Each scene has 20+ stickers at the bottom of the page. Scroll through the stickers by swiping to the left or right on the stickers. To choose a sticker, press, hold, and drag it to the location you would like to place it. You can resize the picture or tilt it by pinching with two fingers on the sticker. Add as many stickers as you would like on a scene.
Press the "Home" button to return home. Press the "mail" button to e-mail your photo. Press the "trash can" button to delete the entire photo.
What I Like About This Application:
- The characters on the application are familiar to young students and motivating.
- You can place the stickers anywhere on a scene and resize them.
- The application allows for creativity and different images created by different students. There are so many possibilities!
- This application is great for expressive language and story-telling!
- I would love it if instead of having the trash can icon delete the entire photo, having it undo the last sticker or having an undo button in addition to the trash can button.
- Receptive Language - Talk about the different animal, plant, and object names within the app. Have children answer questions based on backgrounds such as "what could you find on the playground?" or "how do you get to school?" and have the children answer by pointing to the object or placing a sticker on the background. Also, you can work on categories by asking "what are some other pets?" or "what playground equipment do you find on the playground?".
- Expressive Language - Have a child create a scene and talk/write a sentence about what is in his or her picture. You can even create a picture for them to write about or choose a background to show a simple sentence such as "Caillou is going down the slide". Talk about adjectives, prepositions, actions, and more about the image. You can also have children write or talk about stories based on their images.
- Social Skills - Place at least two children on the background and pretend as if they are having a conversation. Talk about what they could say to each other based on the setting. Have students talk about what they like to do at recess, how they get to school, which pets they have, etc. based on the background and stickers placed on the screen.
- Memory - Place some stickers on a background. Then, press the trash can icon. See if how many stickers the student can remember were on the background and/or where they were placed.
Caillou Stickers is available for the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad for $0.99.
Consonantly Speaking was given codes for Caillou Stickers to give away with this review. No other form of compensation was given.
Enter the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win a copy of this application!
a Rafflecopter giveaway