The Main Page of the application plays a short animated introduction which introduces the characters and how to play the app. Press "Play" to begin application play.
There are 18 action words in Set 1 of Noodle Words. These verbs include:
When a word is shown in the middle of the screen via text, the text and characters will animate. Pressing on different parts of the word will cause the word to animate in different ways relative to the word shown. Some words can be pressed and dragged over the characters to show the present tense + "ing" form of the word. Some words can also be pressed more than once for additional effects. Pressing each individual character will cause them to animate relative to the word.
Pressing the "Menu" button at the bottom of the app will show information about the population the app is intended for, the developer's website, tips for parents (including app secrets), and the credits.
What I Like About This Application:
- I love how there are 3-4 animations per word relative to the action word. In addition, it is excellent how the words themselves not only animate relative to the action they state, but the bugs animate as well.
- Pressing on the word will have it stated aloud which is great for students who are learning to read.
- The fact that when a word is dragged to the bugs, it not only animates differently but displays the word as present tense + "ing".
- I don't know if this counts as an update to this particular application, but I would love to see a "Set 2" or more action words!
- Grammar/Expressive Language - Use this application to teach present tense verb forms and present tense + "ing" to children. Have children state or write a sentence using the verb or verb + "ing". You can even have them change the sentences between singular and plural pronouns due to the fact that there are two bugs.
- Receptive Language - Use this application to teach various action words to students. Turn off the sound to see if the student can identify the action word. You can also discuss different degrees of action words such as running vs. jogging vs. walking.
- Following Directions - Have students perform different actions depending on which words come out of the box.
- RtI/Phonological Awareness - Some of the words in the application rhyme. These include "bump", "jump", and "pump" as well as "pop" and "drop". Have children think about as many other words that rhyme with the words on the app as they can.
Noodle Words - Action Set 1 is available for $1.99 and the HD version is available for $2.99 for the iPod Touch, iPhone, and iPad.
Come back soon for a giveaway of this application!